- :Laboratoire d'Electronique, Antennes et Télécommunications, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, UMR CNRS 7248
ComThings is developing an innovative system for use in the energy efficiency and automobile industries.
ComThings has the technology to become the Airbnb of car parks ComThings, a start-up specialising in Access Control as a Service (ACaaS) is the provider of innovative technology: a universal remote control connected to your Smartphone, simplifying access control to garages/entrance gates. Presented on the shared car park market, it lets operators increase their stock thanks to places owned by individuals. Three elements form the pillars of its technology: The cloud, smartphones and access to Bluetooth Smart.
Our patented algorithms mean that ComThings solutions are available in several ranges:
• Automotive Industry: Comthings allows you to open any kind of garage door or gate from the central screen of the vehicle.
• Smart Home: ComThings adds the capacity to existing boxes (Internet access providers, Smart TV, home automation box, alarm) to connect to different connected-objects in the house.
• Smart Grid post-meter: ComThings can control any remote socket, to give low cost load-shedding.
• Smart Metering: ComThings complements existing measuring solutions by communicating with a wider variety of sensors.
The market of communicating objects is split into many different protocols each incompatible with the other.
Our innovation, when used with the ComThings ecosystem provides:
• interoperability between these objects,
• new features to the existing platforms,
• an economically optimised solution,
• reduced time in developing our customers’ products.